My whole life I struggled with something so simple..
Something that I believe progressed and escalated my anxiety..
something that doesn’t allow me to be my full self because I’m to busy having second thoughts being self conscious..
see.. my biggest cripple is something I was un-aware I had control over..
The amount that I sweat has always deterred me in all areas of my life..
Sometimes I overlook this tiny little bodily reaction..
The thing with sweating is it destroys my self-confidence and self-esteem..
I can be excelling at something greatly but as soon as I become aware of my issue; excessive sweating, I’m immediately taken out of my element of “being“.
These self-conscious thoughts create resistance between me and the world around me.
If I could tell you anything.. focus on what you can control.. so I’m writing this to make myself more aware to the possibilities of changing.. I’m becoming aware of the directions I could take this problem to configure it with a lasting solution.
Maybe.. just maybe.. I have no control over my excessive sweating.. or maybe just maybe.. I have full control..
Where I am now.. I’m going to start with the idea I have full control.. thus my mission is to reduce the amount of daily poisons & toxins my body comes into contact with.
This is my current situation:
- I excessively sweat chronically
- I smoke weed from the moment I’m home to the moment I go to bed
- I drink tons of coffee
- I eat lots of sugar & salty snacks
- I fail to be consistent with my exercise routine
- I stress when I sweat causing a deep conditioned cycle of more sweating
So I mean these are just some of the general things I do which I can easily improve if I wanted to.
This is what I hope my new routine could start to look like:
- No stress – be proactive & plan ahead
- Focusing on deep breathing & yoga each day
- Protein and nutrient rich foods
- Minimal or no sugar/salty foods
- Replace coffee with green tea – of course, the occasional coffee won’t be so bad though ;]
- Exercise in the morning – strong sweat followed by shower
- Focus on (cleanliness) removing bacteria from self and environment
- personal grooming & hygiene
- conducive (orderly) environment
- If I do smoke weed, do it at night. (this is an improvement considering my current standings – remember to be realistic with yourself)
- Dress smart, loose clothing or breathable fabrics, wear dark colors.
- Incorporate training supplements when lacking nutrients
- Apply clinical antiperspirant (the right way)
Doesn’t have to be difficult or stressful, any improvement is better than none.
Not writing this for any other reason other than to improve myself so this article may be extremely particular.. but it is what it is.. It’s something I’m trying to be real about and something I desperately want to change.
Let me know if any of this resonates with you.. let me know what stops you from being your best self.. let me know what makes you “think twice“, what makes you self-conscious, and what stands in your path to achieving true lasting fulfillment and happiness.
Thanks for reading, be sure to check back for more articles!